Thursday, April 18, 2024

Seen on a Street

I've been seeing this truck repeatedly on a block not too far from my house:

It's parked outside a couple of small apartment buildings every day (during the day), so I'm not sure if that means its owner is working at one of the homes nearby or if he works at night. Or maybe isn't working. 

As always, click to see it larger, but if you do, you'll see it combines the Punisher symbol that I wrote about recently with the Three Percenter's slogan about tyranny (apocryphally attributed to Thomas Jefferson), plus the year 1776 and We the People lettering from the preamble to the U.S. Constitution. 

It's quite an amalgam of current right-wing references.

Then on the other side of the window, there's a cross made of nails, which I gather from searching is currently popular among some Christians. I don't remember that being a thing back when I was part of Christianity, but whatever. In the context of the other sticker, I have to say it feels kind of threatening. Which is sad.

__

Here's a post from last summer about another pickup truck I saw in the neighborhood. This earlier one definitely belonged to a person who was working on a construction contract, rebuilding a street. 


No comments: