Monday, July 18, 2022

Miniature Golf Mania

I had no idea there was a whole universe of people way more into miniature golf than me, but the Star Tribune told me today that's true

The story focuses on a local couple who had their first date at Big Stone Mini Golf and Sculpture Garden. They play two or three times a week (!), maintain a website about miniature golf, and design holes for art museum courses like the one at the Walker.

For me, the best parts of the story were learning about their website and getting their recommendations on the best courses. Locally, aside from Big Stone, they recommend Lilli Putt in Coon Rapids (which I have never heard of... so that shows you how serious I am about this). 

For road trips, their favorite is Par-King in the Chicago area. One of them describes it this way:

There's a giant pink castle. There's perfectly trimmed hedges everywhere. Every hole is a unique journey. They repaint the entire course every year, so it's immaculate. It's just what you'd imagine as the quintessential miniature golf experience.

Now I have to go check out their site and get inspired to play some miniature golf!

__

Here's one of the holes they've designed. This one was for the Walker Art Center:

Photos of their other designs can be found here.


No comments: