Tuesday, July 19, 2022

House of Balls

I thought I had posted about Minneapolis's House of Balls one time in the past, but I'm not finding an earlier post. I've only been there two times, briefly, which is kind of odd, considering it's right here in the Twin Cities and it's clearly exactly the kind of thing I love.

Here are a couple of photos to give a sense of what it's like.

This Star Tribune honesty box is missing part of the blue contact paper that's supposed to be covering up the N and E, but you still get the idea.


The bike gear couch is different from many of the other pieces. 

The modified grills use sculptor Allen Christian's favorite method (cutting metal) but because in this case it's added on top of these familiar shapes, and there are handles, legs, and other pieces I found them more integrated than some of Christian's work.

Maybe I'll find my earlier photos and put them up some time.


No comments: