Thursday, September 5, 2019

Baby's Got a Gun

My blurry photo from the streets of Saint Paul wasn't good enough, so I googled the words "lil hunter on board," and sure enough, it's a thing, as shown in the sticker I saw for sale on multiple sites:


Obviously, this is a strident version of the "baby on board" sticker. Remember, those stickers don't show a baby figure at all, they're just words, usually done in a way that emulates a yellow caution sign. This absurd sticker depicts a still-diapered baby holding a rifle with a scope.

Note: There have been at least 163 unintentional shootings by children as of today in 2019, according to Everytown USA, resulting in 59 deaths and 112 injuries. I don't really think a baby with a gun is a joke to make a sticker about.

__

Ironically, I've categorized this post under Drive-by Shooting.

No comments: