Saturday, March 14, 2009

Sunday Laughs

Last Sunday's comics were unusually funny, I thought. As always, you can click any of these to see them larger.

The drawing in John McPherson's Close to Home is incredibly bad (although some see charm in that), but the concept made me laugh out loud, given my obsession with gray water reuse.

Woman washes dishes while man crouches, showering under a spigot that comes out from the sink

From what I've read, it sounds like Richard Thompson's Cul de Sac is considered to be the latest hot comic. He's pretty talented, I have to say (and have said in the past).

Child shows teacher painting, explaining it as if it were expressionist art. Teacher says It's very pretty!
Admittedly, I have a weakness for comics written about child art, from "My Kid Could Paint That" to "My Kid Channels German Expressionism." Not sure why that is.

Hilary Price's Rhymes with Orange riffs on one of the classic comic archetypes, making the old new again.

Labeled A Fairy Tale Wedding, the tortoise and hare peruse kitchen magazines. Hare wants a microwave, tortoise wants a slow-cooker.
This one required a little more thought processing on my part than most one-panels, but I like that delayed gratification.

And finally, Tony Carrillo's F Minus one panel got an instant laugh.

Man selects a greeting card from a rack of cards labeled False Apology Cards

2 comments:

Ms Sparrow said...

Thanks for the day brighteners. My favorite strips are Pickles and Ballard Street. I really miss Guindon's cartoons in the Strib--he was great. I still have some clippings of his best work filed away, and they still make me laugh.

elena said...

Thanks, DN3 – enjoyed these, especially the false apologies and the grade school art! I agree with Ms Sparrow about Guindon,too.