My non-resistance State Fair photos are not as numerous, have no fear. But they aren't all non-political; they just are not necessarily related to Metro Surge like the ones from yesterday.
First, the crop art. I'm not sure I've seen any of these on social media.
As always, click any piece to enlarge and see the details.

Curatorial arrangement is sometimes key. (Note that the left-hand piece is completely made with quinoa, which is being eliminated as a usable crop next year.)

Did you know the Tilt-a-Whirl ride is from Fairbault, Minnesota?

I'm not so interested in the fact that one of our local radio stations is 21 years old this year, but I can't get over the fact that the white braided-looking parts of the octopus are made from hand-painted wild rice grains.

This is one of the works where the artist used red onion skin as a background element. It looks like stained glass.
Then a few pieces from the art show:

American Huaco: AR-15 by Guillermo Guardia, ceramic.

Tomato Garden, Lily Lund, porcelain. Probably my favorite piece in the Art Show.

The Fairy Who Bartered Her Wings, Ryan Dolan, ceramic.
I didn't take any photos of two-dimensional work, except a few Surge-related pieces. It was very busy in there and kind of overwhelming.
I walked 6.4 miles going to, at, and from the Fair.








No comments:
Post a Comment