Sunday, November 5, 2023

Tins and Rulers at Hamilton

If it's early November, it must be time for the Wayzgoose at Hamilton Wood Type and Printing Museum in Two Rivers, Wisconsin.

I'll probably have some other photos from the weekend, but it was a long day getting back so I just have a few archaic office supplies to share for tonight. 

First is a row of typewriter ribbon tins:

Which ended with a box that once held Klex soap.

And then there were five rulers of various kinds:

It being a print shop, these were not your usual rulers. 

The ones second from top and at bottom are pica poles, demarcated in picas and points. I'm not sure what the one that looks like a train is for, since it has no measurement markings visible, but I think the other side could also be calibrated in picas and points, since it was made by Hamilton, which manufactured wood type for the printing industry. But it's possible it was a promotional item made by Hamilton to promote the product lines they developed later than the type: lab furniture, cabinets, and even household dryers. 

I guess I should have turned it over to see the other side.


 


No comments: