Thursday, July 20, 2023

Laughing ’Til I Cry

I saw this on Twitter, though you can see it's a screen shot from someone named Phil Fish on Mastodon:

Screen shot reads: Life is extra surreal for french speakers right now because in french, phonetically, 'chat gpt' sounds exactly like 'cat, I farted' (chat, j'ai pété). everywhere, on tv, in the news, people going 'cat, i farted' over and over with a straight face. is cat, i farted going to steal your job? how are schools dealing with cat, i farted? lawyer caught using cat, i farted. it's incredible.

And it was funny enough when I first saw it, but I went to read it out loud to my other half and every time I got to the second half, with its phrases like "cat, I farted is going to steal your job," I kept cracking up as I read and it, struggling to continue reading, reduced to helpless tears. 

It may not happen to you but try reading those phrases out loud. Whew.


No comments: