Tuesday, October 11, 2022

Preserving Shirts in Photos, Not My Drawer

I cleaned out some of my clothes last weekend, deciding which ones to donate. I used to wear a lot of imprinted T-shirts, but they haven't made as much sense as part of what I want to wear in the past 10 years or so. 

I'm still attached to too many, though, so it's hard to get rid of them. I tucked a few away, even though I probably won't wear them. But I finally decided I could let a few go as long as I took a photo of the shirts' designs.

Here they are:

The first shirt is about 20 years old. I got it at McMenamin's in Portland, Oregon, during a family trip. I'm not sure if they still sell this design (or this beer).

The second is close to 40 years old, though rarely worn. It's from a time when I saw the group appear in Washington, D.C. It appears they still sell a shirt that's pretty similar to this one. (My shirt doesn't have a union bug below the artwork; the current shirts do. Does that make mine a collector's item?)

I did pull more shirts for donation, but I didn't feel the need to photograph every one of them.


No comments: