Sunday, August 7, 2022

Ugy Rabbits

I have both a low and high tolerance for collectible tchotchkes. Low because I know they're mostly a waste, and high because I often find them charming even when kitschy. 

Well, I recently saw a series that I could send right into the dumpster without a qualm. 

There I was, wandering through one of my favorite antique malls, when suddenly my eyes were assaulted by the ugliest rabbits I've ever seen modeled by human hands:

How can anyone make rabbits so homely and distasteful looking?

I have no idea, but the Pendelfin collectibles people have done a masterful job of it.

I went from one display to another, unable to believe there were so many. There was even a book called Whopper, about one of the characters. 

Looking into it, I see that these have been around since the mid-1950s. I'm not sure how I've managed to avoid seeing them for so long, but I wish it had been even longer.

I apologize for afflicting you as well.

 

No comments: