Friday, March 25, 2022

I Called It in

Check out this photo of parking in Saint Paul:

Yes, that is a semi with a 53-foot trailer parked on a city street in Saint Paul, Minnesota. It may look like it could possibly be in a traffic lane, but believe me, it is not. It's parked against the curb, behind those three cars ahead of it. 

The adjacent building fills an entire city block. I admit it's a smallish block, but still. That semi is half the block long. It's filling four parking spaces, maybe a bit more. And it's completely legal.

Except then I realized that it wasn't. Look closer at the top right corner and you'll see that the back of the trailer is overlapping the traffic signal. And that means the whole thing is too close to the crosswalk as well.

So reader, I called it in to Parking Enforcement. Yes, I did.

Whether its driver got a ticket, I don't know. I hope so.


No comments: