Friday, February 26, 2021

Nicole Hollander

It may not surprise you to hear that I have a lot of books. I'm trying to get rid of a few, and while doing that I was looking at the humor area and came across these two I'll be keeping that I acquired in the mid-1980s:

They were published by Nicole Hollander in 1979 and 1980 as she began her long run of titles. Reading through her Wikipedia page, it was good to catch up a little on what she's been doing over the decades since I first knew her work. It looks like she is about 81 years old now and still going strong.

Aside from those two covers, I want to share just one cartoon from I'm in Training to Be Tall and Blonde, which unfortunately is as relevant today as it was when she created it in the late 1970s:

It also will not be a surprise that I am keeping these two books.


No comments: