Wednesday, May 6, 2020

On a Street, Before the Pandemic

This is one of those late-night posts where I look back through my photos to find something I haven't shown before. Looking into the past that way is even stranger than usual, since the present is familiar and the past is now completely alien.


This radiator was left for junk outside a business in Saint Paul. The acid color is probably what got my attention at first, followed quickly by the realization that whoever painted it had worked really hard to get the color to go down the back until it didn't matter anymore because it wouldn't be visible:


And now I never go past the spot where the radiator was sitting because it's next to a restaurant that's closed (though I hear it's reopening for takeout soon) and around the corner from an ice cream place that's closed for good.

No comments: