Sunday, December 22, 2019

DIY 1969

This may be the last post about items from the storage boxes of my youth. For some reason, I have kept this paperback book all through the decades:


I think it's because of its classic ’60s cover illustration (check out those arms!). I loved this book when I was 10 years old, though I don't think I was very successful in implementing many of its suggestions.

The typeface is called Aurora, which was available on the VGC Photo Typositor, so that's probably how this type was set. I think I got my weakness for super-condensed sans serifs from this cover. (For instance, in my early years in design, I was a big fan of Compacta.)

Now, I think I'll donate the book somewhere; it appears to be worth somewhere between $10 and $40. Given the DIY hand-coloring I added, my copy will probably be on the low end of the scale.

No comments: