Wednesday, December 18, 2019

A Classic Typo

There's a famous typo... you may have heard it mentioned, but seeing it in the wild, now, that's not quite so common.

While digging through my grad school boxes I found this Xerox copy of such an instance:


It was distributed by one of my professors in a visual communication class. She passed it out without comment and waited to see who caught the error because I think she wanted to talk about how closure works or something along those lines. And yes, most of the students didn't see the error, unprompted as they were. (Not to brag, but I saw it right away, maybe because I had made the same mistake myself when I was a typesetter.)

And here, I've held onto it all these years until now, when I'm putting it up into the filing cabinet in the cloud.

So take this as a warning: Always be sure you're making the right kind of notice.

No comments: