Friday, May 17, 2019

Right Limbs Not Working

I woke up at 1 a.m. this morning with pain in the front of my right lower leg, which I assumed was shin splints because I had run for a block or two on concrete earlier in the day wearing flat shoes. But then the pain got worse until I was almost gasping and I thought, Could it be something else, like a deep vein thrombosis? Or even if it was shin splints, should I put ice or heat on it? So out came the phone and Google. I read an article on shin splints for a few minutes and suddenly the pain disappeared.

That's when I realized it must have been a charley horse, only in an unusual spot (I have them in the backs of my calfs, never the front). Despite the location, the sudden disappearance seems definitive, since shin splints don't go away suddenly.

Then later in the day I had the second injection of the new shingles vaccine, and now my right shoulder is feeling about halfway to the charley horse feeling. At least, it doesn't want me to move it.

So that's all I've got for today. The right is no longer working.

(See what I did there?)

No comments: