Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Mosaic on a Stick

St. Paul has a great arts institution called Mosaic on a Stick, an art space created to sell quality supplies, teach mosaic classes, and create private and commercial commissions. I was recently in their cool space for a meeting in the basement workshop and saw a few pieces, some finished and hung, some maybe not quite done, that I wanted to share.

The first two are by Tara Nielson, one of the artist's assistants, and these were hung with titles and prices:


Title: Rubber Chicken Factory.


Title: White Apartment. I love the tiny windows and shutters and the off-white walls.

Then there was this western storefront scene, which had almost a stained glass look:


I don't know who made it.


And I don't know who made this one either, but it made me smile.

No comments: