Friday, May 19, 2017

Ding Dong, Roger Ailes Is Dead

Regular readers may remember how I feel about tramping the dirt down on the graves of reprehensible people.

In that vein, here's a comment from the Twitter account of Christian McCrea:

Here's the only Roger Ailes obit you need. (From a Deadspin commenter):
This is true for so many (white) people I know, including me.

The comments that follow in McCrea's feed include this sequence:


The damage done by Roger Ailes and Rupert Murdoch may have happened if the two of them had never existed. The underlying structural changes to media regulation made during the Reagan years, including the demise of the Fairness Doctrine, allowed anyone awful enough to exploit the new system for profit.

But the reality we have to cope with is the one that has Fox News in it. So good riddance, Roger. The world is better off without you.

1 comment:

Michael Leddy said...

Such an ugly end, cracking his head on the bathroom floor in a new mansion.

There's a movie that I hope will someday show up at Netflix (or return to my university library), The Brainwashing of My Dad, about the Fox effect.