Saturday, March 14, 2015

Not Sure What the Bird Doodoo Means

It took me a few weeks, but I finally stopped to take a photo of this mysterious billboard:


As I would drive past it, I was never sure if the white stuff was paint thrown onto the image, or if it was part of the photo. I had no idea what the billboard was trying to say.

Now I can confirm that the white stuff is part of the original artwork, but I still have no idea what it means. Yes, I know it's supposed to be bird poop, splashed over the door handle of a car. But what does that signify? How does it work with the headline?

Bird poop on your door handle is the first known anti-theft device? What? Do they think that's clever? Wouldn't a thief know the car has at least one other door?

Following that headline with the tag line "Lock your car. Take your keys" makes even less sense. What does that have to do with bird poop? What if the bird poop was on the lock. Oh, ick, then I could never lock my car.

I almost think it would be marginally clever if they just showed a door handle with the headline and tag line -- that comes closer to making their main point (from looking at their website) that locking your door prevents most auto theft.

No comments: