Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Videotaping of the Innocents

Yes, yes, I read the George R.R. Martin books when they came out, so the events on the last episode of Game of Thrones are old news to me. But what was fresh was the response to them, as shown in this reaction shot compilation video.

Two thoughts:

  1. What a great example of a (possibly) universal human response to dread -- drawing back, covering the mouth or face, with or without exclamations of dismay and denial.
  2. Who are the people who set about -- in advance -- to videotape their friends and loved ones while they watch such an awful moment in television drama? When did we start watching ourselves watching so we can share it with the world?
I've been waiting for this moment in my own household since the show began, but I would never have thought to videotape the reaction of the innocents.

No comments: