Saturday, March 2, 2013

Playing with Food

I was in a toy store the other day. This is a store that specializes in natural baby supplies and wooden toys, so I suppose I shouldn't have been surprised, but I couldn't help being amused when I got into the food and kitchen area.

The play food was a lot healthier than what I remember:


Pita sandwiches made from felt, full of vegetables. With purple onions.


And wooden garlic... and mushrooms... and jalapeños.

And then there's the coffee maker, which looks suspiciously like an espresso-maker to me.


Gotta start 'em young on the hipster caffeine addiction.


2 comments:

Peter Hoh said...

Saturday Night Live had a "fake" ad for a countertop coffee maker that promised to give you the experience of being at Starbucks -- complete with getting your order wrong.

Michael Leddy said...

I have a friend who, back in grad school, referred to potato chips and such as “play food.” These things are healthier.