Friday, February 18, 2011

Sticking It to Them

There was nearly a matter-antimatter explosion when Daughter Number Three, riding in a Prius (of all vehicles), overtook and passed this blue truck sporting six wheels and four yellow bumper stickers.

Blue full size pickup truck with four yellow bumper stickers in the back window, two on the right read Stop Global Whining and Give War a Chance
The two bumper stickers on the right are just barely legible if you click to see the image larger, but they say "Stop Global Whining" and "Give War a Chance."

I couldn't read the two on the left side at the time, let alone in the photo, so I have searched and found them for sale on the interweb. Here they are:

Gun control means hitting your target

A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy: Blessed are the peacemakers
Now there's a guy I think I could sit down and have a beer with.

2 comments:

Nancy/BLissed-Out Grandma said...

"Stop Global Whining" made me almost smile; I can admire a good line wherever it comes from. But the rest just made me shake my head.

Daughter Number Three said...

I agree that Stop Global Whining is funny. It would be funnier if it meant only what it said, and didn't imply that people who display it don't believe in human-generated climate change.

I've always liked the Visualize Whirled Peas stickers. That phrase gently makes light of a serious topic without saying that world peace shouldn't exist.