Sunday, March 23, 2008

Fetch It Online

Target usually runs a 12-page circular in the Sunday paper. (I don't read it; I just know it's there.) Maybe they do the same where you live, too.

In today's Star Tribune, instead, though, I saw this ad (in the upper right hand corner of a right hand page, about 3.5" x 4"):

Colr ad that says Looking for the Target weekly ad? Fetch it online.
What's up with that!?? Is it because it's Easter and no one's reading the paper? Was there a press problem? Or is it another sign of things to come for the print newspaper?

Of course, Target will know exactly how many people visit the link they've provided (darn, that number includes me, since I had to see what exactly they had posted to write this). While they have no idea how many people look at the circular. And I imagine it saves them some bucks, too.

Predictably, I don't care for them telling me to "fetch it" online. As though it's my job to retrieve their advertising.

But it sure saved a few trees.

No comments: