Saturday, December 22, 2007

Lady Godiva...er...Korbel

Just driving down the highway today, minding my own business, when I saw this.


Aside from noticing that it's a throwback to the caveman era of advertising, I was also struck by how the woman looked like she was wearing no clothes.

Before you think I am hypersensitive, remember -- I was seeing this from a pretty long distance, where a red and white striped bikini blurs into a pink bikini, which in turn disappears against her basically pink skin. Try unfocusing your eyes when you look at it and see if you can simulate it.

Pretty distracting to be driving on an urban interstate highway and see a billboard with what appears to be a naked woman on it. Half naked or three-quarters we're used to, of course.

I wonder if the fender bender rate along that stretch has skyrocketed since the Lady Korbel billboard went up.

No comments: