Monday, December 17, 2007

Curse of the Black Dansko



On Saturday I was at a small gathering at a friend's house. Since it is snowy here, I left my black Dansko clogs near the door. There were a number of other women present... mostly people I didn't know.

After hanging out for 45 minutes or so, I went to the door to find my shoes and leave. As I approached them, I realized that there was a light blue logo inside the shoe on the arch... and recalled that my shoes don't have any such logo. Peering into them, I saw that it said "Dr. Scholls."

Now, I know that about 50 percent of all women over forty wear black Danskos, so it didn't surprise me that someone had literally walked off with my shoes. But, after quickly slipping on these impostors, I realized that they were at least a half size larger and felt totally different.

My host tracked down which person had left and got ahold of her, so I got the shoes back pretty quickly. But it makes you think twice about leaving your shoes at the door!

No comments: