I don't write often enough about the scourge that is RFK Jr. So to make up for that, here's a recommended story called RFK Jr.'s Toxic World, about how he "uses fear of contamination to denigrate modern medicine and advance a project rooted in vulgar eugenics."
The writer has been diagnosed and is being treated for obsessive compulsive disorder, so he's coming at it from that perspective. I found that useful, as a person with an extremely low level of reaction to violations of the moral principal of sanctity (the spot where fear of contamination comes in).
That means I find it hard to identify with any of the “precious bodily fluids” thinking that underlies anti-vax thinking. Reading someone who can explain the psychology from the inside and still come out on the rational side of things is very helpful.
Plus you get to read phrases like “recrudescent social Darwinism … a bootstrap mentality applied to the mind.”

No comments:
Post a Comment