Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Yet Another Diaper-Changing Table

It's been a while since I've mentioned diaper-changing tables, mostly because I thought I had exhausted the range of images in my earlier posts (2008, 2009, 2012). But today I realized the inside of the standard Rubbermaid table has its own odd imagery:


What a disturbingly gray, schematic baby! It's clearly screaming and wiggling as two disembodied white hands push together the parts of a modern buckle. The red stripe is supposed to represent the seat belt, but the flat color looks almost like it's behind the baby's body instead of over it, and the buckle doesn't look like it's part of the belt.

I no longer have a child who needs diaper changes, but if I did, I wouldn't want to have to look at this image while changing her.

No comments: