Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Another Mystery Object

It's been a while since I posted a mystery object photo. Here's a new one:


Any guesses?

And if it's something already familiar to you... do think it's a useful object in an everyday sense, or would it be an eyebrow-raising bit of excess?

__

Update: Commenter Michael Leddy has correctly identified it as a food slicer. It's particularly for cheese or sausage, which are relatively soft (compared to carrots or harder vegetable matter). THe little red knob on the left adjusts the width of the spacing (noted in increments within the red square) so you can make all of your cheese or sausage slices exactly the same.

Now I know this kind of regimentation would be important in a food production setting, such as a caterer, but this is for home use. Is a knife not good enough? Do guests perusing a cheese and sausage tray notice if the morsels vary a bit in width?

__

Here are a couple of past mystery object posts: one and two.

3 comments:

Michael Leddy said...

It looks like a paper cutter, so it can’t be one, right? Is it a device to put some kind of crimp or pattern into paper? Or to cut vegetables in fancy ways?

Good grief: my phone turns a dictated ways into Wake.

Daughter Number Three said...

Yes, that's it. By the way, it's about 6" square, in case that's not clear.

Michael Leddy said...

If I were at someone’s house, I’d assume that uniform morsels came that way from a store.

I just realized (to my chagrin) that my phone then turned Waze (the name of the app) into Wake.