Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Signs of Idaho and Montana

Some more oddities from the world of signs along the road.


First, this professionally designed but oddly offensive one from Moscow, Idaho. It's outside a shop that helps women shed the ugly chrysalis that is their naturally occurring skin and hair.


I love this sign, seen at a gas station in Laurel, Montana. It's not just the lost E in HERE or the transposed letters in WIHT. What I love is the line breaks and their unintentional poetry. Just add periods:

Spring is her.
Celebrate with a car.
Wash once a week.


The Chinese restaurant in Butte is offering a BBQ pork bum this week. Get 'em while they're hot.


The Hodgins Drugstore in Moscow, Idaho, also offers toys and train supplies. An admirable effort to stay in business by reaching multiple audiences. But I think "drug & hobby" makes for an odd combination on their sign.


This billboard along I-90 in Montana isn't wrong... but at a glance I didn't see the smaller words. All I got is "Bears Exit Now."

But that's nothing compared to this one:


The Testicle Festival is well known in these parts. I first heard about it a few years ago while driving this same route, but I never managed to get a photo on that trip. Finally, success!

No comments: