Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Cake Wrecks

A few weeks ago (while checking out the "Blog" of "Unnecessary" Quotation Marks), I discovered another blog that fits into the "I must shake my head because I can't believe people create things like this" category: Cake Wrecks.

It's run by a woman named Jen, who is not a professional cake decorator, but has apparently taken some classes on the subject. The cakes are grouped into categories such as Beyond Bizarre, Creative Grammar, Creepy Cakes, Just Funny, Mithspellings, and Oh-So-Ugly. Jen only allows cakes made by professionals. Which I suppose is the sad part of it.

White cake with red letters that say quote Olympic rings unquote
This gem was the one I first saw, linked from the "Unnecessary" Quotation Marks site.

White cake with black drawing of a man slapping a woman's behind, with a red circle and slash over it. The words Sexual Harassment are at the bottom of the cake
This more recent entry also struck me as particularly funny.

The posts on Cake Wrecks average 100 comments. Geez. That's a lot of people looking at pictures of cakes.

No comments: