Wednesday, January 23, 2008

The Reigning Champ of One-Panels: Bizarro

If you don't get Dan Piraro's one-panel comic "Bizarro" in your paper (if you read a paper!), check out Bizarro on the web. You can go to his main site, see old daily comics on the official syndicate site, or some other collected comics about his veganism here (they're funny even if you're not a vegan). He's also got at least one book available. Guess I probably should buy it.

I didn't know Piraro was a vegan until I was googling him to write this, but I guess it all makes sense now. Once in a while I just don't get what he's saying, but most of the time I find them funny, and about one in ten just has to be clipped and added to the filing cabinet.

Here's one I found on his site. I don't believe I originally saw this when it ran in December 2007, since it's a Sunday strip, and the Pioneer Press only ran it on Sundays for a brief period.

Cartoon of a department store Santa. On one side his sign says Meet Santa! On the  side facing him, it says Meet 20,000 Demanding Children!

Somewhat misanthropic, sure. But funny, nonetheless.

No comments: