Thursday, December 20, 2007

Oh, Where to Begin?



Okay, so we all know that finding incorrect apostrophes in signage isn't much more sport than shooting fish in a pint glass, but this one was in my face as I walked through the grocery store, so I couldn't resist snapping a shot of it.

Not to mention the always misguided use of the large capital letters at the beginning and end of the word "shells." It doesn't take much effort for me to read that as "Smini" -- how about you? If I try a little harder, I can turn those big S's into scrolly decorative objects on either side, and then read the remaining words as "Mini Fillo Hell," which is an interesting vision. Wonder what Dante would think of that.

And what the heck is "fillo" anyway? Do you think they meant "phyllo"? Whoops... just checked and the Wikipedia tells me that fillo is an alternate spelling of phyllo, so I guess they're off the hook on that. Can't have some furriner word like phyllo associated with our our mini fillo shells.

Anyway. Get yours now at Cub.

No comments: