I try to avoid thinking about AI as much as possible. That said, here are are two Why Is This Happening podcasts that pair well together.
The AI End Game: Boom or Bust? with Ed Zitron. Zitron is one of those guys whose posts I see on BlueSky, but I never quite knew who he was or why everyone seemed to be quoting him.
The Nerd Reich with Gil Durán. (This podcast is not so much about AI as it is about our tech overlords, but the connection between the two is obvious.) The episode is named for Durán's new book, whose subtitle is "Silicon Valley Fascism and the War on Democracy." Lots of stuff about the dark interconnections of Peter Thiel that need to be documented and understood. It sounds paranoid but it's not.
And Cory Doctorow is always worth reading on AI and the coming bubble. This recent post called Born on technology's third base is a good example.

No comments:
Post a Comment