Wednesday, August 19, 2026

Media Escapism

I finished the three giant escapist fantasy books I was rereading and reading most recently, just in time for the brand new Cork O'Connor book from William Kent Krueger to come out. (I mentioned back in June that I was reading all 24 books in that series; I finished them a few weeks ago.)

Books are not enough to keep me from paying attention to all of the incredible stupidity and depressing dredge that passes for news in Donald Trump's America, but I'm trying to avoid it as much as possible. 

Oh, I also watched the eight-part dramedy series The Residence. It was fun. And did I mention Star City and Ponies? If you're interested in dramatized fiction of what it was like to live in Russia during the Cold War under constant surveillance, both of those short-season series have something to offer to us in our current moment. 

No comments: