Sunday, July 26, 2026

Pics from the Road

I'm just back from my summer road trip, this time to a family reunion in the Delaware Water Gap in southeastern Pennsylvania. I'll have a few more posts about particulars, but here are some random photos from along the way. 

First the ones from the road: 


This is where the onions come from.


This attorney billboard, seen along the highways around Chicagoland, is very confusing to people from Minnesota, where pond hockey is a real sport in the winter. 


Apologies for the fuzziness of this image but I had to zoom in with my not-so-great phone camera. It was nice of that deer to cross right in its crossing spot, wasn't it? 



As seen in the elevator of one of the roadside hotels we stayed in.


While at the family reunion, I got a chance to touch the Appalachian Trail... which, believe it or not given the part of the country I am from, I have never done before. 


There was Japanese knotweed everywhere, including next to the entrance to the Appalachian Trail and along every stream. Ick.


In the historic (and unrenovated) municipal building in my home town, I was amused by the sign on the inside of the second-floor door, which was standing open and had a rubber door-stop keeping it that way.


This was the first time I have seen any of the new all-electric U.S.P.S. vehicles in person. Very exciting! I don't know if there are any of them in Minnesota or not. 


Just before we left for home, I stopped at a yard sale and saw this concrete evil baby... or proto gnome... or what is it? It was $5.00. I did not buy it. I have a feeling I will regret that for a long time.
 

No comments: