Tuesday, March 26, 2024

One Thing After Another

I woke up to news on Twitter of the Key bridge collapse in Baltimore. For a split second, I thought I should make sure the video wasn't fake, since I hadn't seen it mentioned on BlueSky, which I always check first. 

But that's the nature of posts on BlueSky — my feed lags on news. Unfortunately, it was clearly true. 

I won't promote the conspiracy theories and racist responses, which followed almost immediately, by mentioning their specifics. But whew...what a country we live in. 

Okay, one post. This is from a BlueSky account called Low Quality Facts, in early afternoon:

Things I learned this morning:

-The bridge is woke.
-The ship that crashed into the bridge is woke.
-It was a Russian or Chinese cyber attack.
-But it was also a false flag.
-Yesterday's legal experts are now structural engineers.
-It will take between one day and ten years to build a new bridge.

Meanwhile, it was snowing, then raining, then snowing here. (We've just gotten more snow than during the rest of winter 2023–24.) NBC is not hiring Ronna McDaniel after all. And it appears the Supreme Court will not decide the Mifepristone case by granting standing to some strange subset of doctors who want to think of pregnant women as manatees.

What a day.


No comments: