Thursday, October 12, 2023

Extra Long, but Less Space

Every time I see a giant pickup truck with an extended cab and a comparatively tiny bed, I remember when extended cabs were unusual. 

This graphic has been on social media recently, so I thought I would post it here, where I can find it later:

I saw a shiny white Ford F-150 a couple of days ago with an extended cab and a short bed like this. It's highly likely it's used as a car almost all the time, given its pristine condition. 

A truck like that gets something like 20 miles to the gallon around town at best, depending on the model. It's unsafe for everyone outside it, since the front hood is so tall that it's hard for the driver to see what's right in front of them, such as pedestrians, and the height means that when a person's body is hit, the damage is to internal organs and the head, rather than to the legs. 


No comments: