Monday, October 3, 2022

John Humble... Radio on Pico Boulevard

I miss the serendipity of the card catalog, or just browsing library shelves. But occasionally the interweb supplies an equivalent serendipitous moment.

Today I saw this photo on Twitter:

The description was only: 5041 Pico Blvd., Los Angeles, 1985 • John Humble.

It was the sign and its letters that attracted me, but then I wondered, Who is John Humble?

Well, here he is. A one-time photographer for the Washington Post, he did graduate work at the San Francisco Art Institute and traveled widely, photographing a broad range of landscapes. Since 1974, he has been based in Los Angeles and has made it his subject.

His extensive collections cover time periods, aspects, and particular areas of L.A.

I'm very glad to have found out about Humble and his work.


No comments: