Thursday, May 27, 2021

Too Tired to Listen, But I Want to

It's late and I've spent a lot of time today reading minute details from 9-year-old and 12-year-old reports on what should be done in my neighborhood... almost none of which has been done. 

So I thought I would share a couple of podcasts I haven't had time to listen to, but which I want to listen to.

First, Dave Roberts on his new Volts podcast, talking to Will Wilkinson. As Roberts described it, it's "two bearded white Gen-X ex-libertarian ex-philosphy student newsletter proprietors." But knowing what Roberts is like when he talks philosophy, and what little I know of Wilkinson, it will be worth hearing.

Second, from Chris Hayes' Why Is This Happening, a conversation with sociologist Patrick Sharkey called A More Violent America. It sounds like Sharkey looks at the violent crime increase that has happened during the pandemic in a larger context than we usually get.


No comments: