Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Go Outside

I want to feel as though I can just waste a day, since today is one of those moments in the pandemic when I'm feeling all of it more than usual, plus some extra things. 

But instead I spent part of the last hour making a list of all my general commitments to hang off the edge of my computer monitor so I won't try to carry them in my head and stress myself out any more than is necessary. 

That list doesn't include grappling with the state of the world, of course, or anything about commitments to friends and family. It's what would pass for work if I had a paid job.

I can see that the sun is shining, though, and it's 6°F above zero, so maybe I should go outside and finally clear out the plowed snow that's accumulated in front of our walkout path from the sidewalk to the street. That would make me feel better.


No comments: