Friday, August 14, 2020

Dolly Parton Finds Out What It's Like to Be a "Race Traitor"

Singer-songwriter Dolly Parton made some news yesterday when it was reported, via an interview she gave to Billboard magazine, that she thinks Black lives matter. Specifically, what she said was, "of course Black lives matter. Do we think our little white asses are the only ones that matter? No!"

I heard about it via Twitter (of course), where Black women were talking about it. It was fun to see their reaction and realize that some prominent folks didn't know a Dolly Parton song from a Dairy Queen jingle. All in good fun; everyone learned something.

Today, though, I got a glimpse of the racist reaction to Parton's words, again through Twitter. A white MAGA-head woman tweeted about how the news broke her heart and it was time to boycott Dolly Parton, which I would not be telling you about (who cares) but the range of "alternative facts" about Black Lives Matter cited in the response is worth noting.

I have already heard most of this stuff, since it's basically Republican propaganda, but it still shocks me just a bit to see it all in one place.

In the original, these tweets were interspersed with people pointing out more factual material about BLM, so don't think this is all there was. I've just selected the lies and/or cult-believers.

Of course, nothing surprises me anymore. They all are having to deliver their promise to do the powers that be bidding, as promised, when they signed their life away to be famous. Like a sleeper cell.

I am heartbroken that I didn't start it [BLM], a billion dollar corporation that doesn't even have to pay its employees, I mean protesters, but makes them buy tee shirts.

Dolly is a great person, so I'm thinking she does not realize BLM has been taken over for most part by ANTIFA and others intent to do harm. Hopefully she will figure it out.

Blm is a white marxist organization designed to create animosity between the black n white.

I really love Dolly and I’m extremely disappointed in her if she meant supporting the Marxist company of BLM. Now if she’s simply stating that yes BLM then I’m okay. I want to give her the benefit of the doubt and pray she isn’t supporting that Marxist organization.

Show her some grace. Not many celebs do their due diligence when it comes to research. I would image if she knew they were a marxist organization, she'd see things differently. Some athletes are just now realizing it.

I don’t think that they [celebrities] all get it. Some really believe it’s about black lives.

Fear is infectious. It started with masks.

So many odd ideas:

  • That BLM is a company or a corporation or even a single coherent entity, let alone that it's Marxist or aligned witih antifa (which, again, is not an organization that can be aligned with or controlled by). Of course, these folks couldn't define Marxist if you paid them (or gave them a tee shirt).
  • That someone is paying protesters or not even having to pay protesters, or that protesters are paying money (via tee shirts?) to the person who is controlling them (projection much, all you MAGA folks wearing red hats and Trump gear?).
  • That people think Parton is a "sellout." To whom? I guess they mean George Soros, maybe? As if Dolly Parton needs anyone's money. As if she wouldn't be aware that some decent percent of her fan base would react exactly like these people and cost her money, if anything.
  • That fear started with masks... which have being worn for, oh, what... a few months? I don't know about you, but I think my fear for this country is a bit older than that.


No comments: