Friday, January 18, 2019

Night Before the Women's March 2019

I take every opportunity I can handle to demonstrate my extreme displeasure with the current occupant in any way possible. Tomorrow is the third Women's March, and I'll be down at the Minnesota State Capitol.

In fact, I need to go make a couple of signs that are going to say "It's not a wall, it's a monument to White Supremacy" and "Impeach both Trump and Pence so we can work for climate justice."

Not clever, I know, but they are the things I want to say right now.

In preparation, I looked through my photos from two years ago, and here are a couple that could be from today:




Don't say some of us didn't know how this would go.


This final sign ties in with my number-one motivation for wanting a change in government. We don't have time for this $*#t. As Jason Kottke said today,

I [am] struck by a real sadness. What a massive waste of time the Trump presidency has been. America has urgent challenges to address on behalf of all of its citizens and they’re just not getting much consideration. Instead, we’ve given the attention of the country over to a clown and a charlatan who wants nothing more than for everyone to adore and enrich him.

No comments: