Saturday, December 8, 2018

No Coast, 2018

It looks as though I've been attending the No Coast Craft-o-Rama for almost as long as I've had this blog, but I've only mentioned it once back in 2008. I spent the morning and early afternoon there today, and I have these three photos (and some handmade holiday gifts stowed in a closet) to show for it:


This wasn't part of the show, but rather one of the permanent merchant spaces in the Midtown Global Market where the show is held. It's a place that sells a lot of cheese, and if you look closely at that pillar, you'll realize that mosaic is made of cheese labels rather than tiles.

Also not part of the show:


I spied this on the floor, lost among the people tabling with their wares. I guess it's from the adjacent parking garage, but I was caught by the words, which make it clear the ticket is considered a contract. No one who enters that garage thinks they have have agreed to a contract by going past the guard arm. And to top it off, it ends with a legalistic word 99.9 percent or more of the American public does not know (including me), "bailment." Now I realize that something like this is probably on the back of every parking card I've ever been issued, and it puts my teeth in a clench.


Finally, this sign from one of the craft sellers, two sisters who make clever needle-points. And one of them is a fellow daughter number three! They sell their wares on Etsy as well. Worth checking out!

No comments: