Saturday, November 4, 2017

Some Cool Printing

I've posted quite a number of times about the Hamilton Wood Type and Printing Museum in Two Rivers, Wisconsin. I'll have more to post in the future from my most recent visit, but for today, I just have three photos that show aspects of one thing.

Two Rivers uses the slogan "The Coolest Spot in Wisconsin" and "The Cool City." I don't know if the antique plates for this poster were made for Two Rivers, or if it's a happy coincidence that they have them at the museum, but here's a poster they've recently reprinted:


As you can see, the spot at the top where they've printed "Hamilton" is a blank that can be customized each time it's printed. This is the green ink plate:


And this is the black plate:


It's a cool design, if nothing else.


No comments: