I saw this on Twitter and it was so good I wanted to share it more widely than just retweeting:
Last three "elite cosmopolitan liberal" presidents:I guess it was written by musician Tommy Siegel, though I couldn't find the original on his Twitter feed.
- From Georgia, *actual* peanut farmer
- Raised in Arkansas, poor, by an abusive stepfather
- Raised by single mom and grandparents in Kansas/Hawaii
Last four "everyman, white working-class conservative" presidents:
- Hollywood actor from Illinois
- Son of borderline-royal Massachusetts [sic, should be Connecticut] family with banker/politician patriarch
- Literally the previous guy's son
- NY millionaire at birth and later reality show star
Of the four Republican presidents, Reagan is the only one with any claim to any connection among "real" Americans, and that was pretty far in his past by the time he was elected.