Sunday, May 17, 2015

Gang; Prostitute; What Image Came to Mind?

You may have noticed that I have not been monitoring the news closely for the past few weeks. For the most part, it has led to a lot more calmness in my life.

But it also means there's a lot less to talk about, usually. Right now I am just barely letting the motorcycle-gang shooting in Texas get through to my consciousness.

With that as context, I just saw this beautiful bit of juxtaposition:


(From the Twitter account @randompattern.)

Isn't it interesting that I wrote "motorcycle gang" above, instead of just "gang"? That extra word helps the reader know the shooting involved a bunch of white guys instead a bunch of black guys.

Which reminds me of this:


Clearly, the copy editor thinks everyone assumes prostitutes are female unless noted otherwise.

 And gang members have brown skin unless they have a roaring engine between their legs.

No comments: