Saturday, January 14, 2012

Gingrich, in His Own Words

How's this for divisive?

This morning, NPR listened in while Newt Gingrich spoke to conservative voters in the Greenville, South Carolina, area recently. First the reporter says he told the crowd about his "support for South Carolina's strict new voter ID law that's being challenged by the Obama administration."

And then Gingrich is heard speaking:

"And I think we have to understand their fear. If the only people who vote in American elections are law-abiding, hard-working citizens who are deeply committed to America, the left wing of the Democratic party will cease to exist."

Wow. I feel surprisingly good, given the Newt-fact that I don't exist. I'd feel even better if Gingrich and his cohort of voter-suppressors would keep their hands off the laws that control who has a say in our elections.

1 comment:

Michael Leddy said...

Every time I read one of these comments, I remind myself to give another small chunk of money to the Obama campaign.