Saturday, September 25, 2010

Shirt Whiplash

While getting a sandwich the other day at lunch, I saw a young man wearing a T-shirt that said:

Fear Nothing
Donate Everything

This made me think fondly of a college friend who had the habit of giving away everything he owned periodically. And it made me wonder who this young man with the shirt was, that he would wear a shirt with such a message. In my experience, it's older people who are often in the process of simplifying their lives, while young people are the ones who are more likely to furnish apartments or keep up with clothing fashions.

But then he turned a bit more toward me and I saw what the shirt actually said:

Fear Nothing
Dominate Everything

Which made me profoundly sad.

1 comment:

Susan Nagel said...

Shoot. I was hoping he'd give me that shirt.