Friday, February 19, 2010

The Photo on the Wall

Sorting through the piles of blog ideas that have taken over my desk, I came across these words, written in my semi-readable scrawl on a piece of scratch paper. I'd guess I wrote them in the early part of fall 2008:

Obama Worship

I'm not sure how long I'll be able to take the idol worship of Obama. I was in a coffee shop today, and in the midst of a number of other Obama items (several campaign signs and an Obama coffee blend that's half Kona and half Hawaiian), there was a framed photo of him, accompanied by a Native American leader.

At first I thought nothing of it, but then I did that opposite thing: What would I think of this if I was in a store that had multiple items posted praising George W. Bush, let alone a framed photo of him?

I would think those people were crazy.


1 comment:

Ms Sparrow said...

A friend brought back a package of Obama Coffee for me from Hawaii. It was disappointing. The overt display of affection for Obama stikes me as being much like that for JFK. Charisma goes a long way in leadership.