Saturday, January 30, 2010

The Intellectual Dozens

A couple of insults I've read lately that made me laugh:

"Obama’s real problem is not Obama or his own policies; Obama’s real problem is that in Congress, his allies are incompetent cowards and his adversaries are smug dicks." John Scalzi's State of the Union post on his blog Whatever, January 28.

"As we passed Houston, with its dirty, smoggy air, I thought that Dante would have been inspired by its sight to name a new layer of Hell. I'd know that I must have done something terrible in a former life if I had been condemned to live there." Michael D. Yates, Cheap Motels and a Hot Plate: An Economist's Travelogue.

Houston buildings obscured by brownish smog
It's good to be able to cross at least one city off my list of places to visit.

No comments: